Criminal Minds; Inside the mind of criminals.

 What Makes A Criminal? 

What makes someone break the law? This is the big question. Well, coming from a criminal background I will explain to you my experience what made me do what I did, and what the end result was for me. 

I was never a criminal until I met my spouse about 20 years ago. I would have never entertained the thought ever in my life. I wasn't someone who came from a bad family, but my family was not the best at showing me what I needed while growing up and I loved the fact that being rebellious was exciting. 

I didn't mean to build myself a criminal record and do what I did with my spouse, but he made me think I could save him from himself and be able to guard him from all his wrongdoing. 

It all started as simple " WATCH MY BACK" things. Innocent things that I didn't really think were wrong. But they were wrong, and against the law. It was exciting. I was the eyes and ears for him while he did what he did.

They started off just doing break and enters at first. He would make me sit out in the car and watch and listen for anyone that would get him caught. Watching the cars that drove by, how many times they drove by, and if they had any interest in the area my spouse was in. If there was such a person or persons then I would have to alert him. We would have walkie-talkies. I never knew what I was looking for for a long time until I got the "BEING THE 6 MAN 101" And that was fun to learn. I would never admit this if my spouse was still alive. But he has been passed away for many years now and I thought I would give some advice to others. Criminal or not. 

So, pay attention. 

Now, being a criminal takes work, and not just anyone can do this. Not even if you think you know the law or the routines of the law. They are not always on a routine and they have souped up their education too. They can read a criminal better than anyone. Not like 20 years ago. The law got smarter and the criminals stayed the same. Doing the same crimes but different generations doing them. 

Break and Entering stayed the same, all around. Now, there is Smash and grabs going on. They just smash the windows and grabbing whatever is near the window or climb into the premises and grab what they can and leave. 

The stealing of vehicles is still the same too. Criminals would just check for open vehicles or look into them for goodies that are worth money to sell and they would smash out the windows and take the goods. But leaving the vehicle behind. 

Home Invasions are those who break and enter while the person or persons who live there are at home. That will give you a very long sentence and is not worth doing. You might have to hurt someone in this process and that's not cool to do. Nobody wants to hurt anyone, and it is basically just the material things a robber wants really, not you. 






Then there are the crimes of taking people hostage for their vehicles or bounding them in their homes or places of work. Like banks or robbing older people or someone at a gas station or at a shopping mall parking mall. These are horrible crimes and they do happen every day. If someone wants your vehicle, just give it to them. It's better than the other outcome. Getting hurt. 

There are being held up with a weapon. This one is going too far but they do happen also. A lot more than you know. This one will give you 10-plus years in the pen. This is a really bad crime and this one usually turns out horribly, with someone or many people hurt if not killed. 

Then there are the cyber criminals. These are the ones that steal your info online and use it for whatever crime they choose. Money laundering and purchasing items, stealing from your personal bank accounts. This one is called scamming. The criminal usually works their way to winning you over or convincing you or manipulating you into giving them your private info. Don't ever give anyone your personal info online or on the phone. Face-to-face is much better. 

I was taken 2 years ago by a scammer for $3000 dollars and the bank couldn't help me. Or I should say, wouldn't help me get the money back. Even when I gave them all the info on the person that stole my money. It was devastating to find out the truth and a harsh lesson learned. 

This is just the tip of the list of criminals and what they do. I will tell you more in the next blog, so stay in touch to find out more. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Want To Say Something...

Welcome to My Criminal Mind